Published On: Tue, Jul 9th, 2019

Cheating: Signs wife or husband will cheat – this is the biggest one

Cheating signs are something worried spouses might be on the look out for.

But, why do people cheat? What do those who play away aim to get out of it

New research has revealed the most common reasons people strike up an affair.

The team at surveyed more than 2,400 Britons aged 18 and over about their dating histories, finding that as many as one in three who have cheated actually planned to cheat on a previous partner at one point or another, while the majority hadn’t planned to cheat but found that it just happened.

It was initially found that one in four (27 per cent) Britons have cheated on a partner at one point or another while in an exclusive relationship, with one third of them (33 per cent) admitting that they had considered and possibly even planned their infidelity beforehand, while the remaining two thirds (67 per cent) stated that it had just happened.

Reasons people cheat

When asked why they had betrayed their partner and strayed with someone else, cheating Britons confessed it was because:

  • I was not happy in the relationship I was in – 63 per cent
  • It was exciting – 43 per cent
  • I was more attracted to the person I was cheating with – 37 per cent
  • I wasn’t sexually satisfied with my partner at the time – 19 per cent
  • I’d gotten away with it before and continued on not expecting to get caught – 9 per cent

What’s more, 5 per cent felt that it was in their nature to cheat on their partners, and a further 4 per cent felt it wasn’t natural for humans to be monogamous.

Asked how they’d planned their infidelity before it had happened, 37 per cent had fantasised about it happening and 30 per cent had put themselves in situations that had the potential to kick off the affair.

Just one in nine (11 per cent) had cheated the once and left it at that, while 47 per cent cheated multiple times with the same person and 42 per cent went on to cheat with multiple partners.

Finally, over half admitted that they’d never been caught out (57 per cent), almost one in four had been caught out (23 per cent) and the remaining 20 per cent admitted the guilt had been too much and they’d confessed their sins.

George Charles, spokesperson for, commented: “Being unfaithful in a relationship is never a good idea; not only are you breaking a foundation of trust, but usually – when caught out – the cheater is left just as hurt as the person who was being cheated on.

“Mistakes happen, of course, we’re only human, but if you are considering the idea of straying with someone else then consider leaving the person you’re with and letting them find someone who is truly right for them.”

Signs of cheating

What other clues are there that your other half is seeing someone behind your back?

How your husband or wife’s friends can inadvertently reveals signs of cheating.

Psychologist Paul Coleman, PsyD, author of Finding Peace When Your Heart Is In Pieces told website Prevention: “There is a good chance your partner’s friends may know what’s really going on before you do.”

If your notice their friends acting strangely it might be time to confront your partner about their suspicions.

Where in the UK will you be most likely to find a cheating wife or husband?

According to, a dating site for married people, those in Bromley should be most worried about their partner seeing someone else behind their back.

Data collected by the website shows 20,594 people in Bromley are cheating on their other half.

Next up is Brent, where there are 19,326 cheaters, followed by Tower Hamlets with 17,077 and the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea with 8,520.

Source link